The exotic and rare Argan Oil, often called ‘liquid gold’, is extracted from the Argan tree found in south western Morocco.
The Argan tree grows only in the extremely harsh south western area of Morocco between the Atlas mountains and the Atlantic Ocean. From this tree the exotic and rare oil, often called “liquid gold”, is laboriously extracted.
After separating the Argan nut from the fruit flesh, the hard nut is cracked by hand between two stones by local indigenous Berber women who make up the oil production’s co-operative work force and have used this oil for centuries as a culinary and simple beauty oil.
The endangered Argan tree is currently under the protection of UNESCO. Its best hope for conservation lies in the thriving export market, whereby these trees are protected and valued for their ability to produce the highly prized oil.
The Moroccan state conducts a rigorous control on all exports of this product to protect its sustainability.
30kg of kernels (about one tree’s yearly yield), and nearly two days of labour is required to cold press 1 litre of precious oil.
- Hair care extraordinaire
- Rich in natural Vitamin E, essential fatty acids and anti-oxidants
- Naturally hydrates hair restoring softness, strength and lustrous shine to strands
- Promotes healthy hair growth and tames frizz
- Moisturises and protects hair against heat damage
- Repairs hair damaged from sun, chlorine, styling and colouring
- Nourishing to scalp and helps discourage dandruff
- Moisturises dry scalp and gives relief to flakey scalp conditions
- Softens cuticles and strengthens brittle nails
- Protects skin from free radical and degrading environmental factors such as pollution, chemicals, harsh wind and sun exposure
- Skin nurturing properties help soothe common skin complaints.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Love Argan Seed Kernel Oil is very rich in nature and a little goes a long way.
TO TREAT DRYNESS AND CONTROL FRIZZ Apply directly to the ends of your hair.
AS A LEAVE-IN HAIR CONDITIONER Rub a few drops into your hands and comb through towel-dried or moistened hair, distributing evenly.
AS AN OVERNIGHT HAIR CONDITIONER Massage oil into your scalp and dampened hair. Wrap in a towel to avoid staining your pillow and shampoo out in the morning.
TO SOFTEN AND STRENGTHEN NAILS Massage a few drops into your cuticles and nails.
TO NOURISH AND SOFTEN CRACKED HEELS Massage into affected areas.
Note: You can apply Love Argan Oil directly onto your skin for general moisturising, protection and repair.
Love Argan Seed Kernel Oil is true to nature, unaltered and organic certified by Ecocert, SA.
Argan: Argania spinosa
Organic Seed Kernel Oil
Argan Oil Key Components
• Vitamin E
• Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs)